Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's Fate!

ManDanie and I are coming up on our two-week mark for leaving to Costa Rica. It's coming so quickly!


So after we bought our tickets, we kinda shelved it. Like, the big thing was taken care of, and we both were so busy that we hadn't thought through many of the other details.


Well we (and by "we" I mean "she") found some motivation, and, with a little help from our Mamacita Basmita, booked our accommodations.



We're going to a very quaint village called Cahuita. It sits right on the ocean on the edge of a large forest reserve/national park. We chose this place because it's off the beaten path, offers snorkeling in the only coral reef in Costa Rica, and horseback riding through the rain forest canopies.


This is where the fate part comes in - we will be staying at Spencer Seaside Lodgings.


See? If that's not fate...


Here are a couple of pics I snagged from a backpacker's blog. He was there pretty recently, and his recommendation is what I think made ManDanie choose this place in particular.




Apparently it's like the only place in the village with Internet access. But, I'm sorry, who goes and stays on the beach and spends there time online??

A garden of palms and hammocks. Our room is apparently on the upper level, which I guess is better. I don't know why... better view perhaps?

Upper level rooms come with hot showers, two beds, and individual terraces with private hammocks.

The view (excuse the leg...)

The Beach!

So ya, needless to say I'm getting totally psyched to get out there!

Woot WOOT!

2 comments:

Tanner said...

Wow, I'm jealous! I've heard Costa Rica is AMAZING!

K said...

It is beautiful. I stopped by there on a Panama Canal cruise...but it is def not the same experience that actually spending an extended period of time there.

Take mad pics!