I'm bored, so I thought I'd post 10 random facts about myself that I wouldn't otherwise share with everyone. If you're as bored as I am, feel free to read and kill some of that slowly dragging day you're living.
1) I fall asleep on my left side, but wake up on my right side. I never fall asleep or wake up on my back nor my stomach.
2) I'm a sucker for guys with dark eyes and dimples. Add in some scruff and an accent -- I'm yours.
3) I work for a woman who delights in my homosexuality. I say this because anytime a new show opens on Broadway or she hears some bit of pop-trivia she is quick to reference it. It's like she's always trying to be what she thinks I think is "hip".
4) I do not believe in "hip". I am not in high school anymore. There's no longer a "popular group". People who think/act like this drive me insane.
5) I can speak Spanish. Well, sort of. I can have simple conversations in Spanish with my co-workers, and I can understand their phone conversations when they switch languages for "privacy".
6) I like to eavesdrop.
7) I'm not a starstruck person. In fact, I feel like I'm pretty oblivious to the concept of "celebrity". I've always thought it best to just leave people alone and not run up to them on the street or ask them for a photo. Yes, I have made exceptions to this rule, but only for people that have really affected my life. So, Rachel Ray -- sorry for following you to the bathroom at that movie premiere. If you had been pretty much any other tv personality I would've left you alone.
8) I like to put cucumbers in my water. I love the taste and it makes me feel like I'm at a spa.
9) I would love to have a dog. I would also love to not have any of the responsibility that comes with having a dog.
10) I would love to own and operate a seaside B&B, where my job duties entailed cooking for guests, organizing activity packages, and throwing amazing dinner/cocktail parties for all of my fabulous friends that would come and stay. And on my days off, I would read, surf, and dive for crabs/clams etc to cook for aforementioned parties.
Ok, there you have it. 10 things you might not have known about me.
Here's an idea -- why don't you leave 10 things about you in the comments? Consider it your good deed for the day, as reading those will help me kill more of these seemingly endless hours of work.
Mussels with Zucchini and Paprika
3 weeks ago