Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Recap!

I know, it's been forever since I've put anything up on here. But ya'll, I got busy at work! Like crazy busy where I'm pulling long hours and have almost teared up on a couple occasions. One of the great things about my job is that I'm supposed to have the down time I need to blog, shop online, watch my tv shows, and what not... and I went form plenty to ZIP.

But things will get better - they have to get better! - and I've actually got a few minutes to do a very quick recap of what's been going on in my world.

1- I went to Costa Rica. It was absolutely phenomenal. Some of the most brilliant moments included:

A parrot that scared the crap out of me when I was walking by it's bush and it decided to chat me up. F'reals... I'm walking along and hear "Hi, hello!" and it was this bird.

Chilling on a hammock with the waves breaking five feet from me in front of my hotel.

Drinking on a hammock at night with Mandie and new buddy Ryder from DC.

Crazy food!

Climbing Palm trees, that are much easier to get up than down..

And a monkey that reared up and bared it's fangs at me when I yelled at it for trying to steal my shoe! Nasty little buggars - not what I had hoped they'd be like AT ALL. Grr.

2- NY Gay Football
The season rages on. We're actually coming up to the end of it all know. To be honest, I've had a hard time staying interested. My team is great and all, but I'm getting bored. I pretty much only rush and block. There are five folks on my team that have been doing it a while and they keep most of the meaty stuff to themselves. And it's not that I'm dying to be more involved, but it's hard to stay committed when I'm getting bored.

On the flip-side: my boys from football are doing phenom. Toddy is looking at the possibility of becoming bi-residential, and splitting his time between here and Boston. It would be an awesome contract for him (though I'd miss his ass-face if he were gone Monday thru Friday...) Matty is doing well, and managed to turn seeing a scary movie into a night full of laughter and pseudo-inappropriateness. Ben hooked me up with a great volunteer opp that introduced me (and BFF) to a few great guys - one in particular that BFF got to know particularly well (tee hee...)

3- Mandy had a birthday!
Which was a lot of fun! My nephew was super-excited for her bday and was all about giving her tons of birthday love... and helping her open her presents. And I gotta say - she totally made out this year! Bro-in-law is treating her to brunch and a bway show in two weekends, gave her some gorgeous jewelry, and some sweet kitchenware; I'm taking her on a nyc culinary tour and got her a beautiful kitchen art piece from Costa Rica... I can't remember what else she got.. but it was all really nice!

4- BFF threw a bunk party that ended up turning into a totally awesome night!

For the record, it wasn't bunk by any fault of his. He won a bar party at a place called "Porky's" (everyone pretty much wins... its a promotional thing) so he invited a bunch of people out. It started out fun, but the C U Next Tuesday behind the bar ended up calling one of the guys in our group an F-ing Homo, so we bailed. I know - shocking, right?! We live in NYC... aren't things like that not supposed to happen here?

Apparently in places that thrive on business from the trash that floods the bridges and tunnels into Manhattan from places like Jersey... yes, yes it does.

Anyway, after an impromptu "walk off" Tyra Banks style, we ended up hitting up a karaoke bar at Union Square and the night was a blast!

BFF introduced me... and I'm a little bit in love...

Ok, so I stole away, and that's all I've got time for.

Hope all is well in the world!

1 comment:

doug said...

So now you have me AND Ryder to visit in D.C. ... So when will you be here? :)