Thursday, February 4, 2010

Poor Puppy

So el chisme in the office today is all about this story...


NEW YORK CITY MAN CHARGED WITH BEATING GIRLFRIEND'S DOG

The Associated Press
Tuesday, February 2, 2010; 6:49 PM

NEW YORK -- Officials say a New York City man beat his girlfriend's dog so brutally with a belt that the animal lost its left eye and suffered six broken ribs.

Manhattan prosecutors and animal welfare officers said Tuesday that Joseph Graves beat and kicked the 6-pound Yorkshire terrier while he was pet-sitting it Jan. 16.

Joseph Pentangelo with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said Graves took the 4-year-old dog to a veterinarian two days later.

Graves, a Manhattan resident, was arraigned Monday on a felony charge of aggravated animal cruelty. He was released on $2,000 bail.

Defense lawyer Henry Steinglass declined to immediately comment.



Um, I used to sit next to this guy at work. F'reals. If you had told me this upper-crust frat boy was capable of nearly killing a tiny dog I don't think I'd have believed you. Just goes to show you never really know what people are capable of.

Joe no longer works here. Good ridance, I say.

So sad. I hope the puppy gets better!

1 comment:

iessaywriter.com said...

I really had a great time with your post! I am looking forward to read more blog post regarding this! Well written!