Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tidbits! (05/22/07)

Favorite Leading Man Raul Esparza won this year's Drama Desk Award for his performance in "Company". Last night he was honored at Sardi's. They have added him to their wall of Broadway Celebrity caricatures, and here are a couple of photos from the event! (Source)




"American Idol" had it's final round of competition on Fox. This year has not been quite as good as past years, but I still couldn't resist the urge to follow it week to week. My early favorite is one of the two finalists, and I think that she really knocked it out of the park last night.

This season, the producers changed things up a bit by having a "song-writers competition", in which hopefuls could submit original music and lyrics to be featured as the Finale Song and the winner's first single. The winners were a pair from Seattle with a song entitled "This Is My Now". It was apparent that the two gentlemen were fans of the hit TV series, as their song was every bit as corny as the producer-picked songs from previous seasons. Regardless, the song really cinched the deal for Jordin Sparks, who made Blake Lewis look really amateur in the final round. Here is Jordin singing "This Is My Now", just in case you missed it...







I totally got choked up at the end of the song when she started to get teary. I'm a total boob. You would think that she has already won with all the waterworks. But let's be honest: She's got this in the bag!

Actor T.R. Knight was on hand on Sunday night at the Drama Desk Awards as a presenter. He arrived at the pre-party with "Coast of Utopia" actress Mia Barron. I didn't expect T.R. to show up with a woman on his arm...

Of course, I also didn't expect for him to be leaving Seattle Grace Hospital on last week's Season Finale of "Grey's Anatomy"...

Many of my favorite leading men were in attendance: Jonathan Groff, John Gallagher Jr., and Gavin Lee (who won an award...) to name a few!

Also on at the party was Brandon Ruckdashel, who I'm sure no one knows but he and I went to high school together. Apparently he starred in the Off-Broadway hit "Ascension".

Click here for more random pics of Brandon. There are some that are pretty scandalous... The role he played in "Ascension" was apparently really risque! (Source)

So now that I've pretty much seen all of the Broadway shows, I'm going to start doing more posts like these. Just random photos and snippets from what's going on. The only nominated show I have left to see is "Grey Gardens" which I'm attending next week.

Tonight I am laying low. My mom is coming into town tomorrow, and I have to have a clean space for her to see! It's also the FINALE of "American Idol"... so it's not like I was going anywhere anyway!

2 comments:

Scottie said...

Perhaps I can reach you this way. You had better check you MySpace or Connexion accounts right now, or your gonna regret it. Then call me.

Brandon said...

dude! you have to message me, I'll be back in the city near the begiing of august!

-B. Ruckdashel