Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tidbits! (05/31/07)

Former American Idol Carrie Underwood has apparently been put on the sidelines by boyfriend/NFL star (Cowboys QB) Tony Romo (yum).

"Carrie thought that they were moving closer to a more committed relationship," a source told the [National Enquirer]. (Source)

Poor Carrie! She is by far my favorite person to come out of Idol, so I'm really kinda bummed to hear this. She's had such a great year, and this totally sucks for her. And I'm sorry, but I don't know what is wrong with Romo. Your girlfriend has won more awards than any other female musician this year, is more popular than Jesus, and much hotter than…well, anyone!

A word to Tony… Mr. Romo, you better be careful with this one. Do NOT irk her or treat her badly. I mean, did you not SEE this video?!


In other Idol related tidbits, last night Tamyra Gray made her RENT debut as Broadway's favorite heroin addict, Mimi Marquez. It's a new look for "Mimi", who is usually played by someone a bit more Latina with a bit longer hair. I'm sure she rocks at it though. And I'm guessing that her contract is long enough that she'll still be doing the part when Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal rejoin the production this summer! View pics of Tamyra here...

Also last night, First Lady Laura Bush attended GREY GARDENS with her daughter. I'm guessing she didn't like it very much. There is a line in the show that pokes fun at Republicans:
"They can get you in East Hampton for wearing red shoes on a Thursday. They can get you for almost anything. It’s a mean, nasty Republican town."
Apparently Lady Bush wasn't amused. After the show she reportedly bolted from the theater. It's very unusual for high-profile people to attend as VIP's and then not stick around for photo opps, especially when the show and it's stars are all Tony-nominated… Stupid Republicans...

York Theatre Company is going to be putting on "It's a Bird… It's a Plane… It's Superman!" The show recently ran to surprisingly good reviews in LA at the UCLA Freud Playhouse. That production starred Cheyenne Jackson (mm hmmm! at left) and Shoshana Bean, both of whom will be appearing in the NYC transplant. I did a little searching, and here's a video from the TV version show from way back in 1975.






Yah-Ikes! Is it absurdly awful, or painfully wonderful?! Regardless, I'm definitely putting it on my agenda to catch while it is here. I actually volunteered with York. I haven't heard back yet, but I'm hoping that they let me usher the show. I'd love to see what kind of people pay to see this production. I mean besides me…

I think that if Shoshana weren't in it I wouldn't be so enthused. My best friend Brian (who has taken my lead and is now blogging here) introduced me to her back in Utah with a video of her singing in "Wicked". This video has a vocal on it from her singing "No Good Deed". There isn't video, just pictures; but watch it anyway and listen to her.




AMAZINGLY emotional. Apparently, her boyfriend had died in a car accident not long before this, and you can hear her on the verge of breaking down in a few parts. It makes it so raw...

I had a good night last night. Scottie's flight was delayed, so I was able to go hang out before he had to catch the PATH to NJ. He and his partner, Jerome, had a great time. I'm really hoping they move out here! It would be so nice having both of them around.

After I said goodbye, I went home and ordered some sushi, watched "So You Think You Can Dance" and my new favorite show, "Traveler".

If you aren't watching it yet, I would highly suggest giong to ABC.com and catching up on it! It's got some seriously hot boys (from Left: Off-Broadway star and 2004 Drama Desk Winner Logan Marshall-Green; X-Men star Aaron Stanford; and theater and soap star Matthew Bomer, who in 1998 starred in "Romeo & Juliet" and "Joseph…" at the Utah Shakespearean Festival, where I went to college!) In addition to a yummy cast, it's got the kind of on-the-edge-of-your-seat pace that reminisces the first and fifth seasons of "24". Very good and highly recommended TV!

Tonight, Katie and I are going to see a production of "Loves Labour's Lost". It is being done in Central Park. I guess there is no stage for the production, and you follow the performers as they go through the show. It should be a very cool experience!

No comments: