Friday, June 1, 2007

Tidbits! (06/01/07)

Well, I really got nothin'. There is nothing new coming up on Broadway. Nothing of all that much interest to me has happened in the news or gossip world.

Now, don't mistake that to mean that nothing has happened. Plenty has happened I'm sure. More GI's are died. Employment went up. Lindsey Lohan didn't stay in rehab. And Branjolina bought another baby.

Ok, that last one isn't true. And, if it were, I would find it interesting and thus would be actually writing about it!

So instead of the usual little TidBits, I'm going to be leaving a few videos. "So You Think You Can Dance" began this week, and it's made me really reminiscent of past performances that got me so into the show! So here are some highlights from seasons past... Enjoy!

Clip One:

Season 1- Blake McGrath's Audition (he was my favorite dancer...)



Clip Two:

Season 1- Blake and Ashlee Lyrical



Clip Three:

Season 1- Nick Solo (Season 1 Winner - WAY better than Benji...)



Clip Four:

Season 2- Travis and Heidi Contemporary



Clip Five:

Season 2- Group Number by Wade Robison "Rama Lama"



Clip Six:

Season 2- Travis Solo



Last night Katie, Matt (my roomie) and myself went to see "Love's Labour's Lost" in Central Park. It was a really neat non-profit production (ie: it was free!) We followed the actors through the duck pond in CP for about two hours watching the show. It wasn't the best theater I've ever seen, but it was definitely unique in that there was no stage, lighting, or sound. For what it was, it was a ton of fun! Afterwards Matt had to locate his BF (Andrew) so Katie and I walked to 99th and Broadway to eat at Regional Italiano. I had walked by many times in my wanderings, so I was really excited to try it. I ordered the Sausage & Parmesan in Veal Roll-Ups served over sauteed broccoli rabe and onions - It was ORGASMIC. Seriously the best food I've found in my neighborhood. We also had a pitcher of their surprisingly potent Sangria. GOOD TIMES.

So this weekend is Mandy and Doug's 5th Wedding Anniversary. Tomorrow morning I will be heading back out to CT to watch my nephew so they can celebrate. Before heading out, tonight Katie and I are going to catch a movie, drinks, etc... We actually don't have anything planned out definitely except "See you at 8!" Maybe I can convince her into going and gaying it out a bit...

Have a good, SAFE weekend!

No comments: