Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Big City, Small World!

I was just over dropping off a package in the mailroom when a woman who works on the other side of my floor stopped me.

"Do you know Jen (insert last name here)?"

Well I have a ton of friends named Jen, so I answered "I don't think so".

So she starts telling me about how she's got this friend who recently had a birthday, and she swears that she recognized me from some of the pictures. So she asks me what my name is, and by the time I get back to my desk she has forwarded me pictures of her friend's birthday bash.
And sure enough... THERE I AM!

As it turns out, her friend (in the blue on the right) is "Upper East Side Jen". And "UES Jen" is really good friends with my friend Shannon (the very tall one on my left). Those pictures are from the night that Katie's (who is on my right) company was sponsoring the Daytime Emmy Pre-Party that we all went to (See TIDBITS! from 06/07/07!). I had forgotten that it was UES Jen's birthday, too.

So there ya have it.

Even in the largest city in the United States, it is still a very small world!

No comments: