Friday, June 8, 2007

Tidbits! (06/08/07)

OMIGOD, YOU GUYS!

July 17th is the release date for the soundtrack to Legally Blonde! Broadway.com was there at the recording and took some really awesome footage. Get a good look and listen to some of the best songs from the show here!

How adorable is Annaleigh Ashford (she was the very first blonde girl that sang on the video)? So cute! She was a big stand out for me in the show, so I think it's cool that the video really showcases her.
And Laura Bell (left) is amazing as well. I need to be friends with this cast… LOL
And good lord, Orfeh is ridiculous! The clip of "Bend & Snap"? I don't remember her wailing that hard in the show. It's just one of the pitfalls of seeing previews I suppose.
I love that Richard Blake makes a little joke about doing a "Blake [Lewis]" from American Idol. I don't think he's as funny as he thinks he is, except that was pretty good!
So now, after watching, don't you wanna race out and see Legally Blonde? I do!

From a Blake Lewis joke to the Joke of Season 4 of American Idol… Anthony Federov got a visit from Season 1 Runner-Up, Justin Guarini. Is it just me, or did Justin get old? Seriously, the little facial hair thing he's got going on is so not hot. Not that Justin is hot anyway. But he sure isn't doing himself any favors.

The New York Times confirmed this morning that Young Frankenstein will in fact be playing the Hilton Theater, with previews beginning October 11th and opening on November 8th.

Official casting hasn't been announced yet, but the Times keeps listing the same four Broadway stars in the lead roles: Roger Bart as Dr. Frankenstien; Shuler Hensley as The Monster; Megan Mullaly as Elizabeth; and Sutton Foster as Inga.

There had been talk before of Kristen Chenoweth playing Inga, but I'm guessing that her new ABC show "Pushing Daisies" premiering next fall is to blame for her not appearing in the show. If Sutton Foster truly is the second choice, she's a great one! I've never seen her do a role with this much caricature, but I'm sure she'll be fabulous!

Young Frankenstein is directed and choreographed by five-time Tony winner Susan Stroman. It will be playing an out-of-town tryout at Seattle's Paramount Theatre August 4th - September 1st.

Next season will also premiere a new work by David Mamet, November. The show is being directed by Joe Mantello, and while no official casting has been announced it is reported that Nathan Lane is slated to star. The last time Mantello and Lane worked together was in Neil Simon's The Odd Couple. They also worked together back in 1995 in Love! Valour! Compassion! by Terrence McNally.

Yesterday, Christine Ebersole and Erin Davie performed on Regis & Kelly. You can watch the video here.
So, everyone seems to think that Christine Ebersole has given the performance of her life and that she will walk away with the Tony award on Sunday. I haven't seen it yet, but maybe they're right. She does play two characters, and apparently the second one is CRAZY. Who knows… I still think that Audra really deserves it this year, even though it would be her 5th win. But Christine has won before as well. I think for the revival of 42nd Street? Anyway, it's only a few days now, and then we'll know!
Yesterday, I was walking to my subway stop after work and there was a big bus full of tourists pointing and taking pictures - of me! So I was really confused. I was thinking "Do I have something on me? What the hell is going on?!" Then I turned around, and there was Hulk Hogan. Phew! At least I didn't have toilet paper on my shoe.

Ok, that's all for today. I'm going to get my Tony Breakdown finished up to post by the end of the day.
Have a good one!

No comments: