Monday, June 4, 2007

Tidbits! (06/04/07)

Well, Happy Monday everyone!

What an exciting week - It's time for the Tony's on Sunday! I was messaging with a friend back in Utah over the weekend who I usually watch the awards with. She asked my opinions about who would/should win, but I was so overwhelmed with that topic, that I had to not message back. So this week I will be putting together a breakdown of the nominations, performers, and New York Buzz surrounding the ceremony that will take place this Sunday at Radio City. So keep your eyes peeled! It's coming!

Leslie Kritzer, who is currently in Legally Blonde as one of Elle Woods's best friends, was announced as the soon-to-be star of next season's A Catered Affair opposite Faith Prince and Harvey Fierstein. She will play the Bride in the production that follows a 1950's wedding. Prince will star as her mother, and Fierstein (who also wrote the show) will play her uncle. (Source)
How exciting for Leslie! A lot of people were saying that she was tragically under-utilized in Blonde. I thought she definitely stood out, but apparently she's got a lot more to give. I can't wait to see what it is!

Three generations of Tracy's were in LA just before Memorial Day to add a bonus track to the upcoming film soundtrack of "Hairspray". The track features Ricki Lake (Tracy from the original film version), Marissa Jaret-Winokur (the Tony-Winning Star of the original Broadway production) and Nikki Blonski (who is the most recent Tracy starring in the upcoming film!).

Props to Marissa - She looks fantastic! Tanned and much thinner than normal... Is it just me or do all three of these girls look pretty similar? Who knew that Tracy had a "look"? I mean, other than chunky… (Source)

Last week, after "the big one" between her and Hasselback, Rosie left the view early. She has since announced that she will be publishing her memoirs detailing her year on the estrogen-packed day-time talk-show-turned-melodrama.
From what I understand, this book has been in the works for quite sometime, but Rosie kept insisting that it wasn't ready for publishing yet. I guess this year's time in the spotlight has changed her mind. Does this mean she thinks she's hit her peak? I doubt it. Nor do I blame her. It's not often that loud-mouthed failed daytime talk show hosts can revive a career. I'd stretch and ride it out as long as possible too!

Last week my BFF Marcine notified me of an Off-Broadway play that just came over from Utah. The show is "Facing East". It takes place at the grave site of a young gay Mormon boy who has commit suicide, and is about his parents and lover finally meeting and coming to terms with the tragedy (in a not-so-eloquent nutshell…)

Director Jerry Rapier and Playwright Carol Lynn Pearson interviewed with Broadway Bullet about the show. Here are a few of the Q&A's, to give you some better insight into the production"

Graveside clip from "Facing East":




I can't wait to see this show! I'm going to try to get in touch with an old friend who is here in the city to go with me. He also comes from a Mormon background, so much that he even served a mission. So I'm very excited. Plus, this is the first time that an original Utah production has been given an Off-Broadway run. So I am very excited too to go see my fellow Utahns perform!
Last night, CNN held a Democratic Presidential candidate debate. Sen. Clinton is still sitting at the top of all the poles, and for good reason! With each debate, she continues to come across as the most well put-together person on the ballot. I'm also glad to see that she is loosening up a bit. From her campaign song video (see last week's blog...) to this jab at Vice President Cheney, Hils is showing more humor, making her the most overall appealing candidate. GO HILS!

The weekend was pretty nice. Friday night, Katie and I never made it to the movies. I met her and Joanne at Library Hotel, at their rooftop bar Bookmarks. One drink later we were off to meet friends at Maya on the Upper East Side. Two or three drinks later… We were off to Arriba Arriba for Papa Margaritas and Burritos. Then David came and met up with us, and we went to another bar, whose name I can't even think of, until the night was done. I was so exhausted. I think Katie and David stayed out, but (in my old age) I just couldn't hang. I think it was about 2:00 am when I got home. Not super-late but boy was I wiped!

Saturday morning I went out to CT. Babysat, hung out, etc. Nothing too exciting. Yesterday was the same. The weather is kinda gross here, so there was no boat time as we had anticipated. Oh well, next time! I don't know that I'll be going out there this weekend, but the next weekend is Father's Day, for which I'm sure I'll be making a trip out!

Tonight are the Fashion Awards at Bryant Square. I may try and make it down to do a little Star-Spotting. Of course, if it's still pouring, I will not be doing that. I'll probably just go to the market and then head home.

My life is thrilling, eh?
Have a nice day!

No comments: