Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cry, Freedom!


SHE'S FREE!

This morning, one Miss Paris Hilton was released from jail in L.A., thus ending what has been the most ridiculous celebrity-incarceration-media-frenzy in the history of...well, EVER.

Photographers sprinted after Hilton’s vehicle as she left. When the SUV hit a red light during the ride, photographers jumped out of their cars and swarmed it. (Source)

Everyone needed a shot of the reportedly reformed party queen. Apparently this stay in the big house has made the heiress realize how lucky she is. In a phone call to Ryan Seacrest from her cell, she said "...I'm just so grateful to have a pillow. And food!" She also put in a call to Barbara Walters, admitting that she's not as dumb as she lets on...

“I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute,” Hilton said during the call, according to an account posted June 11 by Walters on ABC’s Web site.
“It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me,” Hilton was quoted as saying. (Source)

There are some that would have you believe this party girl is the new American Royalty. Some have even compared her to Princess Di (which is absolutely shameful in my opinion).

Will she really be a changed woman? Can we truly expect Paris to use her blonde ambition to more philanthropic ends?

Maybe. But I'm guessing it will all be after some killer welcome home parties. After all, Old Habits Die Hard.

Even for Paris Hilton.

No comments: