Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Culinary Work-In-Progress

My family is finally realizing - I ROCK IN THE KITCHEN!

Tonight I made a kick-ass Turkey Pot Pie.

My brother-in-law has never had a pot pie before. Not chicken. Not beef. In fact, he's never had anything that combines meat and pastry.

I know, it's tragic!

But he ate my Turkey Pot Pie. Two Slices. And loved them both.

I feel it's a great accomplishment. He's a very picky eater. So this accomplishment feels almost as great to me as I felt when I built an awesome pirate ship complete with dual functioning cannons and a periscope for my nephew.

Almost. It could've been a bigger one, I suppose... Except my nephew's face when I showed him how the cannons worked was priceless.

So yes, that wins.

Uncle Nano - 1. Chef Spenc - a close second!

No comments: