Tuesday, October 14, 2008

B&B

I'm not much of a "let's go out dancing" kind of person. Hence, I'm not really into Dance Anthems. Like, you won't find any Pussycat Dolls or techno remixes on my iPod. And up until last weekend, you wouldn't find any Beyonce or Britney Spears either...

Then both of these two lovely ladies put out new music -- that I kind of love.

First, because I love her more of the two, is Miss Beyonce.

Honestly, upon first listen, I didn't love "Single Ladies". And then I saw the music video. It was love at first booty shake. It's a simplistic video -- B and two dancers, who are both phenom yet still can't manage to steal her spotlight (like the could... guffaw!)

The dancing in the video is a sort of contemporary-afro-pop inspired boogie that kinda looks odd -- but seriously ya'll, I don't know ANYONE who can move like that. And I know a lot of dancers!

She leaps off of invisible walls!
She gives us Broken Doll!

Her dancers give us LEGS FOR DAYS! I mean, how often do you see actual dance technique in music videos? Not often...

So the whole video is like one continuous shot. And at the end -- close up on B, panting, like she really just sang and dances for four minutes straight. Maybe it's just me, but I think it gives such a stunning edge to this woman's talent. Most of these pop starlet music videos are plastic silicon filled monstrosities. Beyonce is all real. All woman. All Talent.


Britney Spears also made headlines when her song "Womanizer" jumped the Billboards from No. 96 to No. 1

I'm sure there are many out there, like myself, who didn't think she could make a comeback after all the Crazy that has been the last few years... but I love this song. F'reals woke up this morning with it in my head...

The video for Brit's "Womanizer" debuted last Friday night. I was at a friends with a big group, we were all being rowdy and drinking heavily -- but let me tell you -- the whole world STOPPED when it was time for the video! As someone who's not a huge fan of the crazy popper, I was hugely amused. And what's more shocking? Kinda impressed...

The video is hot. No doubt about it. Yes, her dancing kinda lacks... but I kinda don't care... because I am kinda distracted by the male star of the video (see him there in the background? ya, HOT!)
You know what else is impressive? Driving a car with your black patent S&M-esque clad foot... A party trick she picked up from a cellie during one of many rehab stints perhaps?
So yes, the video/song is fantastic. A little ridiculous? Absolutely. But that's why we love her, right? BJ face and all...

Welcome back, Brit!

2 comments:

Brian said...

Britney Spears on YOUR blog? You really are a different person! I never thought I'd see the day...

...I'm so proud!

doug said...

You're real, real gay.