Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm Not Moving to Italy!

Well kids, last night cinched it -- I'm not moving to Italy!

It was my fear that those middle states that the rest of us would like to pretend don't exist would have enough pull to elect GWB again (in the form of McCain, obviously) If that had happened, I would be booking airfare and finding away to make living abroad a real possibility. For the next eight years at least. You only think that I'm kidding...

But last night, we got it right!

This man is our next President of the United States!

I'm not very "politically savvy". I mean, I can hold my own in an issues debate, but I don't have the kind of passion or thorough knowledge that my dear friend Doug or my dad has. But I know watching President Obama that this is right. This is Hope. This is Change.

This is the future!

I couldn't be happier. I couldn't be more hopeful. I couldn't be more nervous for all of the challenges still to come to get our country out of the steaming pile of you-know-what we're currently sitting in. I couldn't have more faith that this is the right person of the job to do it.

Happy First Day of a New America, Everyone!

No comments: