Wednesday, July 8, 2009

And Then There Were 3

I always enjoy ABC's The Bachelorette infinitesimally more than their original pre-spun formula of The Bachelor. 20 hot guys versus 20 obnoxious girls? Ya, not hard to figure out why that's true.

Anyway, this season we've been following Jillian's search for The One, and next week she's going to be making her decision. It is down to three guys: Ed, Reid, and Kiptyn.


First up, there's Ed.

Ed is a computer programmer or some such thing that lives in Chicago. Ed is also kinda dreamy, and Jillian thought so right from the get-go. But Ed fucked up pretty badly when he decided to prematurely leave the show because he was in danger of losing his job.

Then, when it was time for Jill to pick her final five, he showed up at her door saying he'd made a mistake and wanted another chance.

What?! If I were Jillian, I don't think I would've given him the chance. But it's obvious she kinda lurve's him. And, actually, I don't blame her. Did I mention that he's dreamy?


Then there's Reid, the unexpected match.

He's a self-described neurotic, and Jillian is out-and-out easy going. So they're definitely opposite. But here's my thing: being too loosey-goosey and too uptight are opposite, but they're also both crazy. And it seems that they are both openly crazy. And we all know that you find love when you let your freak flag fly! So perhaps their differences make them perfect?


And finally, there's Kiptyn. Mr Perfect.

He is to this season what Jason was the last time around (you all know Jason, the ass-hat who picked wrong and then admitted to it on the reunion re-cap thing) Anyway, Kiptyn has the great family and the great job and the greeeaaat abs. Physical chemistry is there. But I'm worried. Like I said before -- Jill is openly crazy. And Kip? Well, he isn't even a little bit crazy. He's probably the most grounded and well-adjusted of them all. Which would be perfect, so long as the girl he was pairing with was also down to earth. Which she isn't. At all.

So my guess?

Reid!
While I love me some Kiptyn (seriously ya'll, I'd do some dirty dirty things to that boy) I don't think she's going to go that direction.

Love is unconditional and a couple should balance each other. Neither should care that the other one is flawed, and the flaws should compliment. Jill will bring Reid out of his shell a bit more, and Reid may just pull her back -- which is what I truly think Jill is looking for!

The finale airs next Monday -- check back in next Tuesday to see if I was right!!!

1 comment:

annette said...

Firstly, I love the Bachelorette. More than I should. More than anyone should.

Secondly, I agree. Reid's the one. So why did she kick him off??? I'm guessing he's going to show up at the last minute and profess his undying love for her.

Thirdly, ED'S GAY!!! Is this not crystal clear to anyone else? Come on out, Ed, we're waiting with open arms...