Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Why the Downgrade?

It recently came to my attention that the hit broadway musical "Avenue Q" will be closing. I've seen the show multiple times, and I'm really bummed it's going away! It's such a fun concept.

So my first thought was "I need to go see it one more time..." If you've been reading this blog for a long time, you may recall my first viewing, and my immediate border-line obsession with Howie Michael Smith. Again, YUM.


Imagine if you can my disappointment when I went to look at promo photos of the final cast -- and Howie's not there!!!

It seems they've decided to cast this putz in the role...


So I ask you, producers of the show and haters of the hotness that is HMS -- WHY THE DOWNGRADE?

Was HMS hard to work with? Did you sleep with the new guy? (Ew.)

Whatever the reason, I hope you realize that mine is one ticket no longer being purchased. Reeeally screwed the pooch on this one!
MAJOR. CASTING. FAIL.

**NOTE: I will most like still see the final cast, even if it doesn't include my future husband. What I didn't mention is that it WILL star Ann Harada, who originated the role of Christmas Eve, a role that earned her a Tony Award. So ya, I just may suck it up and go just to watch her reprise the role. But I'm not going to enjoy it! As much...

1 comment:

doug said...

And I must assert that your Howie is a downgrade from John Tartaglia. Just sayin'. :)