Monday, July 21, 2008

Note from the Editor, aka. Me

Last week I had the pleasure of attending the Opening Night party for [title of show]. I'm a big fan, and getting to attend was quite the privilege. I was there with BFF (of BriTunes notoriety) and if I was star-struck, then he was... well, I don't even know a word for what he was. Let's just say that it's not entirely figurative to say that his head was spinning.

Of the many celebs (I use the term loosely) he was most astounded to see Cheyenne Jackson, of "Xanadu" fame.

Cheyenne is mega-hot. Like, gorgeous and brilliantly talented -- far more than just a pretty face. He was in attendence with his boyfriend, Monty, who I guess he has been with for a really long time.

So my dear friend BriTunes posted something about how he saw Cheyenne there with his "surprisingly ugly boyfriend" aka Monty. And I guess that it sent the theater world into an uproar!

He was accosted with IM's on facebook, and many a mean comment on his blog saying "how dare he!" and that he was such an awful person for saying that.

Really? REALLY?!

Look. I saw Monty, and the man is nowhere near unattractive. He's tall and handsome, and apparently a scientist, which significantly ups the hawt factor. We all know that Monty isn't ugly.

It's like this:

I love Brad Pitt. And if I were ever to get to meet him and Angelina, it's not far fetched for me to refer to her as a "skanky ho". Angelina Jolie is not a skanky ho. She is an unbelievably attractive, smart, and good-hearted person. Hell, she's pretty much the new Mother Teresa.

But she's banging Brad Pitt.

That makes me jealous.

And, getting lost in my longing for her mate, I might refer to her as a "skanky ho" -- something she is most clearly not.

Kind of like how BFF referred to Monty as "surprisingly ugly"... It's sheer jealousy, longing for something unatainable. Something already taken.

So, people -- Get over it.

He's not a mean person. He's a boy with a blog who has a crush.

Is that really really that threatening?

Sheesh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His name is spelled Monte, for the record :)