Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Feel Good Movie of the Year?

Last night Paul and I went to see "Slumdog Millionaire"

Let me begin by saying run, don't walk, to go see this film. Amazing.

So at the end I was having some tears because it's such a great story, and I look over at Paul and he looked confused... So I asked how he liked it and his response was "It was kinda slow in the middle...."

I don't get it. That movie kinda put me through it. Like, there wasn't a single moment that I wasn't full on into what was happening on screen. Every line, every nuance. I was so in it that I really couldn't stop thinking about it last night. I kept playing it over and over in my head -- which made me start to wonder why I felt so good about the movie.

Not like "was it really that amazing?" because it was... but more like "was it really that much of a feel good storyline?"

Here's the deal. You gotta love a love story. Unless you're dead inside.

But all of other aspects of the movie were so intense. I don't want to give too much away, but there's a lot of story that takes place in the slums of Bombay and terrible things happen to these characters that are beyond heart-breaking.

So is it a feel good love story? Or a heart-breaking tale?

I can't decide.

Maybe I'll just have to go see it again! Very, very likely ;)

No comments: