Wednesday, December 10, 2008

First Sight?

I had a dream last night.

I was in Connecticut watching my nephew. We were outside playing with a ball, and some way or another it got away from us. It went across the street, so I told my nephew to stay put and ran to go get it. As I was crossing back, he started to come out into the street.

I yelled at him and ran to grab him. He wasn't in any dangers -- there were no vehicles in sight. But, as I do when someone I love is entering dangerous territory, I freaked out. I picked him up and held him as tight as I could... "Don't you EVER do that again! Why didn't you listen to me?"

Because I was holding him so tightly, it took me a minute to realize he was a lot smaller than I'm used to. It took me off guard, so I loosened my grip and looked at his face.

It was my nephew. No doubt about it.

Except, it wasn't Jack.

This boy was blonde, just like Jack. His eyes were blue, just like Jack. But he wasn't wearing glasses. And his face had a different shape to it than Jack.

I wonder.... maybe that was nephew #2, scheduled to arrive on Valentine's Day of next year?

Do you think it's possible to "dream" someone before they actually arrive here on earth? I guess we'll see. That little face is stuck in my memory now. So I guess only time will tell if he is that baby waiting to be born.

3 comments:

doug said...

Ooh! I hope it does turn out to be him! That would be the coolest story ever. I totally think it's possible!

Andrea! said...

Very interesting!! I heart you & miss you oodles! check out this website... http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/feelings.htm

Heidi said...

I've heard of that happening many times! Its totally the new little one!