Thursday, December 18, 2008

Forever A Changed Man

Yesterday I posted about my decision to send out my laundry. As you know, I definitely had mixed feelings about it...

Does sending out make me lazy?

Does it make me spoiled?

No, it makes me less stressed for Time. Well, at least that was my justification.

As a quick follow-up... I got my laundry back last night at 5:30 pm (right on schedule!) and I swear to you... I am NEVER doing laundry again!

All of my wash was meticulously folded. It was like they stopped by American Eagle and had one of their stock boys board-fold it all before bringing it back to me! (All of you who have worked retail know exactly what I mean when I say "board-folded", right?)

To top it off, all of my socks were paired up, and they did that nifty little sock roll thing so that the pairs wouldn't fall apart! I HATE ROLLING MY SOCKS! So I was real happy they did it for me :)

I think it's safe to say that my life has been changed. Never again will I stew over having enough quarters (also known as "Jew Gold" in my apartment... my roomies are Jewish so I'm allowed to say that!), having detergent and softener, the dryer actually getting everything dry in one cycle (a novel concept), and most importantly making the time to do something that I absolutely despise!

I highly recommend you look into laundry service -- it's the best thing since getting stoned and going to The Outback!

3 comments:

Brian said...

Now you can see why I've been sending mine out for over a year!

Laziness...I mean...TIME MANAGEMENT...is a wonderful thing, ain't it?! :)

doug said...

It's an intriguing concept, but I'm not sure I could see myself doing it. Do you have to be home at 5:30 every day to pick up the laundry? Do they come daily, or weekly, or what?

Spenc said...

Nope! They'll pick it up whenever I call, and will drop it off anytime before 9:00 -- I just call them when I'm home! It's quite brilliant.