Friday, July 13, 2007

On The Verge of Ten

We're almost down to the final 10 dancers on "So You Think You Can Dance". Next week, one couple will be dismissed by the judges from America's bottom three, and then the fate of the five remaining couples will be purely in the hands of the voters.

The lack of judge's input could prove to be fateful for two of the judges' favorites: Anya and Danny. While they are both phenomenal dancers, it seems that America just isn't loving them because they both keep ending up in the bottom three. Is it because Anya is foreign? I doubt it; I mean, foreign works for Pasha...

Might I guess that it has more to do with the fact that Danny comes off as an arrogant A-hole? Hmmm....

Somethings gotta give with those two, because the judges will no longer be able to save them from the voters after next week.

Here are a couple of highlights from this week!

My favorite couple is still Lacey & Kameron. She is by FAR the best girl in the competition; I don't think there is anything she can't do! I think Kameron is one of the weaker remaining boys; He has nothing on Danny or Neil's technique. But I think that America, like myself, can't get over how charming and HOT the boy is! This week they drew the hustle, and the choreographer gave them a New York Hustle, which is actually a dance that I studied in my extensive ballroom curriculum. The routine was great, and they were wonderful!

Lacey & Kameron


While I can see why Danny and Anya may not have the most appealing personas, they are RIDICULOUS dancers. Danny is professionally trained with world class ballet technique. Just watch his leaps!

Anya & Danny


In looking at the people who could be named the Final 10 next week, I realize that I am only missing one of the people that I had originally placed in my predicted Final 10 - Jessi. She was sent packing last week after being ill and not performing well in her 30 seconds to save her life.

If I had to guess, it would be Anya that I would place in the Top 10 in her stead.

But only time will tell… Tune in next Wednesday to…

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE… DANCE… DANCE… DANCE...

No comments: