Friday, January 9, 2009

The City(Boy) That Never Sleeps

Well, it's my first week back in NYC after a quality visit to my roots in SLC. I had an absolute blast (honestly, has anyone ever had the much fun at TryAngles before???) but I gotta say -- I'm really happy to be home!
Yes, home. This city.... This cold, unforgiving, demanding bitch of a city. Well, the truth is, I love her. And I'm so happy to be back!

I missed my boys a whole whole lot. So Tuesday night we went out play catch-up. Nothing fancy, just a little HK action. Beaux, Steve, Sanchez, and I started out at Rudy's. Well, I started at Rudy's. The others had started before me ;)

Scotty met up with us later on, as did Eric Perman. Who, by the way, is quickly becoming one of my new favorites! We mozzied on over to Barrage. So, my rationale was that it was my first night back, I missed everyone, and Barrage is like half a block from my apartment. So I allowed myself to get a little drunk. And by allowing myself that, I ended up SMASHED.

Probably got home around 2:00. Woke up at 9:00 -- oopsy daisy! So I called and let the co-workers know I'd be late. Should've stayed in that night (wednesday) but instead opted for a little trivia at Crocodile Lounge (fun, but WAY overcrowded) and then Pyramid. It was pretty much the exact same crowd as the night before, minus Sanchez, and add Sergio and (Mike? Matt? Hrm... what was his name in the black beanie??) Awesome night. But another super late night. BUT I made it to work on time Thursday!

Yesterday I decided to see the Broadway Revival of Pal Joey (not "must see") and then went to Gym Bar to meet up with Beaux. Brian came with me, and we arrived to find a few random games of flipcup and some very drunk friends. It's was maybe 10:00pm, so needless to say they all had a good headstart on us. Bri, Beaux and I weren't feeling Gym, and we were kinda celebrating Bri's big news for the day (go read his blog, Bri-Tunes, for details!) so we met up with Scotty and Steve at Eastern Bloc. They were debuting their new Thursday night party "Contact" which was pretty fun.

The premise is they take a bunch of photos and then post them on homo-neurotic.com so that people can "make contact" if they saw someone that interested them they could reach out. Funny though, only Scotty and I got snapped. And as you can see, neither of us were all that happy about it....


Oh well.

Another late night.

Who needs sleep!??!

That's why God invented Starbucks, no?

No comments: