Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Year, and New Babies



I got word yesterday that my cousin Kate (who is supremely fantastic) had a baby!

He doesn't have a name yet... I think she and her hubby (Jon) are having the great debate at the moment. From what I understand they're getting by on just calling him "baby".

Except for my Uncle, who is referring to him as "Number Two".

Speaking of new borns....

Remember this?

Well, my new nephew is officially less than four weeks away from arriving.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

My sister is scheduled to go in for delivery the morning of February 10th. I know most people are probably going "you can't schedule your water breaking...." but, actually, you can when the doctor will be doing it and taking the baby out via c-section. It's kinda nice knowing exactly when he'll be here. My folks have scheduled their flights out for the following friday. My sisters are in the process of scheduling their own trips out. The family that lives out here is able to co-ordinate now on who will watch my nephew Jack during all shifts. It's a great thing, really...

I guess there is always the possibility he arrives early. Mandy has BIG BABIES, ya'll. Our "number two" is already weighing in at 7 pounds with four weeks left to go. YIKES. In addition, I guess she carries a lot of extra amniotic fluid, which creates more pressure. IE it's more likely to have the baby sooner... so we'll see -- POUND POUND POUND (me knocking on wood...)

Anyway, can't wait for him to get here, whenever he gets here! I'll be sure to keep ya'll updated!

No comments: