Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The FaceBook Status

Can we talk for a second?

Here's my issue: I cannot stand it when people use their status to inform the world of downer (and private) things happening in their lives.

I mean, if you've recently been broken-up with and need to lament, then hell -- knock yourself out! But things like being informed a loved one is dying, you've miscarried, or even if your DOG has miscarried are NOT. OKAY.

Seriuosly kids. A couple months ago a long lost friend from back home posted a status: "Had a stomach ache. Now I'm not pregnant anymore..." Yes, that is very sad. And if we were good friends I would want to know. But we're not. So how about keeping it off your status, eh? Leave it at "had a very bad day" and let those who actually want to know (dash, those that should know) ask about it!

What's bringing this on? Today someone posted a status about her dog having puppies two days ago, and how surprised she was when another (dead) one was birthed today! UGH!

I don't think she reads this blog, but Ashlee, if you're reading this: That's so not okay. I'm so sorry that happened and I can imagine it was pretty traumatizing. But honey, next time just call me if you want to talk about it. And if you feel wierd about talking about it because we haven't spoken in like 7 years then you SHOULD FEEL WIERD ABOUT PUTTING IT ON YOUR STATUS!

Come on people. Seriously.

No comments: