Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fall Flamery

Not to be a total theater queen about it... but this fall is bringing so much promising musical madness!

In theaters, we're getting an update (not a straight remake) of the 1980's hit "Fame". I've seen the movie, and while I loved it I just couldn't get that into it. It is SO dated. But I just saw the trailer for the update, and got CHILLS ya'll.



And then, in the realm of primetime television, we're getting a new series called "Glee" (starring Lea Michelle who f'reals blows my mind). I might not be supposed to say this, but I've already seen the pilot episode. True, the pacing was, well, strange. But the episode culminates with the newly formed glee club rocking out to a little Journey (as you can hear in the promo spot below) and I am not kidding when I say that NONE OF THE PEOPLE I was watching with could stay sitting down. AMAZING! I absolutely cannot wait for this to start later this year!



So ya, all you musical fans out there -- it's going to be a good year!

No comments: