Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Might Be Going to Hell, But...

..it is totally worth it!

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY EVERYONE!

I gotta admit: I'm a big fan of this feaux-holiday. Last year I got SERIOUSLY played thanks to my (brilliantly evil) cousin Jos. He concocted this whole lie about a week in advance about meeting Sarah Jessica Parker. Cut to April Fool's Day '08 -- he tells me he got tickets to the "Sex and the City" movie premiere and wants me to babysit. I could've killed him! (Ya'll know how much I love me some SJP -- Jeremiah: bite your tongue!)

Anyway, I fell face first into his lie and to this day we still laugh about it all the time.

So I took a note from my cousin, and this year began premeditating my own AF joke on Monday...

Recognize this boy?




Ok, so that's Marco. He is my friend from L.A. that I became "involved" with while I was on vacation two weeks ago. He is coming to visit this weekend -- yay! (Hi Marco :P)

So on Monday, I was bitching about work and how busy I've been (this part is not a lie) and I mentioned that my boss was going to be in Europe for the last part of the week. And mid-point one of our 4-hour long conversations, I decided to play a little joke...

Me: Oh, so get this! My boss looks at me today and goes "by the way, might need you to leave Thursday and meet me in Milan on Friday for our meeting..."
Marco: Oh my god! Did you tell her I'm coming out there?
Me: Of course! My response was "ABsolutely NOT!"


Cut to the next day....

Me: Dude, my boss is putting me through it. She won't let this travel thing go...
Marco: Well what are you going to do?
Me: Well I'm not going! They can't technically make me, and I've got plans!
Marco: Good cuz they would have to deal with me...


Side note, Marco if from Brooklyn and kinda scrappy ;)

Ok, so cut to this morning... The big day! tee hee hee

I send a text: "dude, I'm freaking out. I might have to leave tomorrow. epic bad timing - pls call me when you can"

RING RING

Me: Ugh, hey...
Marco: What is going on?
Me: Apparently the client sent an email to my boss saying that they were expecting I would be part of the team to be there. So she just sent me an email saying I needed to make arrangements and that she was sorry. She cc'd her boss, who then proceeds to chew me out for saying no in the first place. He was all "do you even care about staying employed?" Ugh, I'm freaking out dude. They're giving me no choice.....
Marco: This sucks. I'm like shaking... Well, ok. So... now what?
Me: I don't know dude. I guess.... I guess this is the point in the conversation that I have to say to you... APRIL FOOL'S!

I died. Like, lost my shit on the street corner as he proceeded to cuss me out and promise a beating when he gets here! LOL Loves it...

I know it was probably mean, especially the whole build up over the past few days, but I just couldn't resist! I may be going to hell (directly to hell, not passing go or collecting $200) but at least I'm doing it with a smile in on my face.

Hope everyone has a great day and doesn't fall too hard for any serious pranks!

Except, actually, I hope that you do -- because hind sight has a way of turning these jokes into awesomely funny memories.

Eventually.

1 comment:

Marco said...

You are so getting that beating i promised you....oh and thanks for making me sound like a heartbroken girl...:(

you just went from boardwalk to jail and will stay there until further notice.