Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You All Should Be So Lucky

I had one of those weekends that left me in the best mood ever. Seriously ya'll, everyone should get to have weekends like that -- it was pretty damn near perfect!

First of all, my buddy Joe was in town. Joe lives in San Fran, and anytime he is around debauchery ensues! Friday night Joe, Scotty, Steve, Jarett and I all went out. First stop: pre-gaming in the East Village. Second stop: an awesome (and crazy hooked up!) dinner at a friend's restaurant. THIRD stop: an 80's themed dance party on the Upper East Side! And yes, we kept going... then it was on to Barrage and the Ritz, though I actually don't really remember being at the Ritz. Ya, that's how insane that night was.

My cousin Julia was also in town with her hubby and baby Joseph. Hadn't seen her since my sisters wedding in 2002! So good to see her and meet her new little guy. Joseph is 1 and super-adorable!

Speaking of adorable, my family all came into the city for a little CPZoo action and chilling in the park. Ya'll know how much I love my family. LOVE. THEM. And ya'll should be so lucky to have nephews as amazing and adorable as mine! Point in case...



I love how in this shot, Jack looks like he wants to kill himself but is smiling anyway. That's my boy!

One more, just for good measure ;)

I had Finn in the baby bjorn for most of that morning. So fun to walk around with the little guy! Funny story: Brian and I showed up wearing nearly the same outfit. No, it wasn't planned. Anyway, there was a moment when we were walking through the zoo. I had Finn in the bjorn, Brian was pushing the stroller and holding Jack's hand, and we somehow had managed to get away from the group. At that moment I noticed quite a few people looking... they must've thought we were just the cutest little gay family... lol

Then it was on to the park, where two other groups of boys that I'm good friends with were also hanging out! There was lots of gossiping and cruising of shirtless boys ALL OVER the park. Good times :)

Then it was on to football -- where we tied our game against team Philip Marie. I didn't even know you could tie in football. Wah wah. Fun game though because my friends Alex and Matt are both on that team and it's always fun to play your friends! Oh, and I got MVP again. Woot!

After football I met up with Brian again. Got ready down at his place and then was out for the night. First stop: a few quick cheap drinks at Pieces. Then we met up with the boys at View Bar, Barracuda, and I think we went to Gym as well but honestly am not sure. Oy.

Sunday we had the most insane brunch experience EVER. Our first thought was Il Bastardo, but by the time we (me, Brian, Beaux, Scotty, Steve, Jarett, and Joe) called for a reservation they were already booked out. So I suggested Nero, a great little italian wine bar in the Meatpacking District. I've eaten there quite a few times and the food is usually good. However, since my last visit, they started having a DJ for Sunday brunch. I kid you not, it was like walking into a nightclub! Thumping techno tracks were spinning, we were all starving, and there was a table of Euro-trash adjacent to us -- needless to see we were not all that thrilled. Weeeellllll, cut to two hours later after maybe 12 rounds of mimosas and champagne and we were having the TIME OF OUR LIVES! Seriously, who knew brunch at a rave was a rockin' good time? We were all up dancing with that ET and cheering the DJ on. You can kinda see here what it was like. I'm not sure what Scotty is doing. I think Joe and the waitor maybe had a flirty exchange and that was his reaction? I mean, the waitor looks REALLY happy...

Ya, insane. Then we went to beer blast at the Eagle which was really crowded but lots-o-fun. Dinner at 7A and then bar hopping around the East Village. I'm pretty sure the sun was up when we finally called it a night -- see, this is what happens when Joe is in town!

But wait, Spenc... if you didn't go to bed until the sun was up...

Yep, that's right. No work for me yesterday! Bad employee...

Of course last night was dodgeball. My team only had 3 people show up, and you have to have at least 4 to play so we had to forfeit. Boo. It was a good after party though. We went to Gym and then onto Splash. I think I was home around 2:00 a.m. Oops! That sure wasn't my intent, however worth it :)

So you see? It's been a damn good couple of days!

Back to the old grindstone today. Looking forward to babysitting my nephew Ajani tonight and being chill!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: