Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's only Thursday? Really??

My body feels like it should be Friday. Scratch that - it needs to be the weekend.

Or better yet, the start of a long weekend. Or a week of vacation.

I need a break, ya'll.

This week has sort of kicked my ass. Monday I went to a show, which you can read about in "God is in the Hizzle, Yo!"

Tuesday night, one of Jo's clients was sponsering an art exhibition by Andy Summers, the guitarist from The Police. You remember them, right? The event was held down at the Milk Gallery in the Meatpacking District, which is a seriously awesome space. The crowd was quitessential New York chic. Models, rockers, editors, random people with obvious money. And me - who doesn't fit into any of the above categories. I just happen to know some of the right people :0) So the exhibit was a photo-journal of the band's tours/escapades from 1980-83. Which made me feel far too young to be in attendance, seeing as I wasn't born until the final year being exploited. Regardless, the night was amazing. Great people, great people-watching, and All-You-Can-Drink Mojito's.

Last night was, of course, Halloween. So normally I boycott the holiday. It's by far my LEAST favorite of the annual occasions that require celebration. I don't really have a reason for not liking it more than "I just don't like it", so try not to dwell on the reasons for it...

K (for Kiwi!) decided that it would be fun to attend a masquerade ball down in the East Village. So I gave in and agreed to go, and dragged B along for the ride. Since I'm not really into the holiday, I hadn't prepped any sort of costume. So I ended up just buying a cape and a mask and figured that would be appropriate for the event.

As it turns out, I could've gotten away with a whole lot less, like this fella that B's dancin' all up on.

The party was completely random. Like any East Village evening, the crowd was completely ecclectic in age, orientation, and ethnicity. We even met a Maori!
(Ok, so really he was chinese, but the costume was pretty cool...)

We got our Astral Portraits done, which hit kinda close to home, but not in a good way...

Shook up the dance floor...
And met some new people!

I think B made the most "new friends". I know that bird boy and the sailor sure took a liking to him ;0)

We left the party around 12:30 am. K and I headed up to HK to visit a good friend who was stuck bartending. B didn't join us and instead headed home. Surprising alone, which means that I think I lost a bet and now owe someone some $$ (haha)

While our friend was finishing up his shift, K and I, in all our drunken wonder, entertained ourselves by posing with a pole and some random decorations in the back area of the bar.

Good times were had by all!

And now this morning, those good times are being felt - by every muscle in my body. The bright side is that I have no plans tonight. Which is fantastic - I very well may go to sleep after work and not wake up until tomorrow! Afterall, the weekend is nearly upon us, and I can't very well be tired for that ;)

1 comment:

K said...

Halloween in NYC is so ridiculous....

Glad to see that you had a fun time as well!