Wednesday, September 12, 2007

See - I Like Sports!

Ok, so I may be referring to a sport that's considered pretty "gay" - but would you have it any other way?

Last Sunday I was out in Connecticut and was able to catch quite a bit of the Gymnastics World Finals. I am consistently AMAZED by what the athletes can do. My sister and I were both "ooo"ing and "ah!"ing the whole time, which my brother-in-law found pretty ridiculous...

So good news for the US -

The mens team, after finishing in 14th place last year, finished this year in 4th place! No one expected it, but they really pulled through. While they didn't medal, it's a big deal because it qualifies the team for the Olympics next year.

Men's All Around was pretty close, and US Gymnast Jonathan Horton (at left) ended up finishing in 4th place. GO JONATHAN! He's so cute... I'm not usually into guys that look like they're 14, but he's a REALLY HOT 14 (actually, he's 19 - so don't judge!)
Here's a clip I found that of him for those of you who aren't familiar. It's not from the finals, but from last February. He's MUCH better now then back then. I mean, his legs are apart on the pommel and he's got too much swing on the rings... but still, he is awesome!
Shawn Johnson of the US Women's Team finished first in All-Around at the Championship. She is seriously amazing. She kinda flubbed up her beam routine, but her Floor Ex was unbelievable.

I can't wait for the Olympics next year! I try to follow both men's and women's gymnastics, swimming, and diving so there will be many a post to come!

2 comments:

Iknowaboutpopular said...

I've never wanted to be a pommel horse so bad in all my life.

Anonymous said...

He's actually 22 not 19