Friday, September 7, 2007

I'm Exhausted...

It has been a seriously insane week!

My best friend came into town last Saturday night to do some interviews and hang out. I thought that it was going to be a pretty mellow trip, but ended up being GO GO GO.

Saturday night he arrived, and we went out with friends. We started at Ariba for Margaritas, and then went from Therapy to Vlada to Sortie... and then we went home (which I have no recollection of....) My favorite moment of the night was when he handed me $20 and asked me to order 2 margaritas and 1 Jack & Coke. When I asked him for another $20, his reaction was priceless! WELCOME TO NYC! One of his good friends from high school came out with us and she is one of my new FAVORITE people. I love me some Katie Kido!

Sunday morning, we dragged our hungover arses down to the meatpacking district for brunch at Park with the gang. I was pretty fuzzy-brained, but def remember their Ricotta Pancakes. They are the only pancakes I've had to rival the crack-pancakes at Artists' Palette back in SLC. After brunch we did some shopping, and then headed out to CT.

My sister and brother in law were running late getting home from Massachuesettes, so we had to take a (terrifying) cab to their house from Bridgeport. For the Utah folks... Bridgeport is on par with Kerns or West Valley City. And for the New Yorkers, imagine East Harlem as it's own suburb!

We made it safely there and hung out, ate pizza, and stayed up late braiding each others' hair and watching "Broken Hearts Club". Yep, we are that gay!

Monday was a holiday aka was a beach day - and gorgeous! We were joined by the whole Kilmartin clan down in Noroton Bay. I was really glad that everyone got to meet him.

We trained back to the city and went for drinks - first at the east side Blockheads and then to Posh so that Brian could meet up with his friend Nate (who is adorable btw).

Tuesday I took off work to hang with him during his interviews - which sadly didn't go as well as he'd hoped. The reality really set in, that he's not going to get offered a job until he actually lives here. So yesterday he put in his 2 weeks notice in Ohio and will be arriving right after that. WOO HOO!

Tuesday night, we went to see RENT. The show has Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp back in the production. And Tamyra Grey from the first season of American Idol. All of the above were fabulous, and it was especially awesome to see the two original stars back on the stage!

After the show we went out with Anthony. His driver took us up to Therapy, where there ended up being a drag show, and my "shy" best friend got on stage and lip-synched to "And I'm Telling You" from DreamGirls. Talk about insane! The whole club was hollerin' and I couldn't stop laughing... I don't think Anthony quite knew what to think! It was def more than he'd bargained for...

Anyway, so that was a late night.

Wednesday was Shakespeare in the Park, and then a sports bar to watch Federer vs Roddick right after. Another late night...

Last night I got invited to NBC's Comedy Short film festival. It was fun - good films, though some were more touching than funny... and that was confusing because it was a comedy festival... but oh well... So ANOTHER late night.

And today - I'm wiped. Seriously I've had three LARGE coffees today and I'm still draggin arse. I've got to get some sleep before the weekend.

Tomorrow I'm working down at Fashion week for a few hours. Then I may be headed out to Connecticut for the Oyster Fest with my sister. Apparently the Village People (ya, like those Village People) are playing tomorrow night. I might be the youngest guy in the crowd, but anything is fun with booze and friends, right? Especially MACHO MAN and the freakin YMCA!

Anyway, sorry I was away so long, but you understand, yeah?

I'll get some pics up from Brian's trip as soon as the biotch emails them to me.

MUCH LOVE, AND HAVE A SAFE WEEKEND!

No comments: