Friday, September 19, 2008

T.G.I.F. Has Never Meant So Much...

What a week.

If you would have come to me two weeks ago and said "Look dude, this is what is going to be happening in your immediate future..." I probably would not have believed you.

So what's been happening this week?

Well let's see. My company declared bankruptcy and I spent three days sitting at my office with nothing to do but stew about my future.

My best friend told me that she was leaving the country permanently on the 23rd because the fucking US Government can't get their shit together enough to acknowledge this wonderful, upstanding, and contributing memeber of our community and get her VISA issued.
Nevermind that hispanic immigrants are being allowed to stay because they are cheap labor. No, this wonderful and AMAZING Kiwi is being sent home.

So that is how my week started. Hell. But don't worry, it did get a bit better...

On Wednesday it was announced that Barclays Capital came back to negotiations and agreed to purchase all of Lehman's dealer/broker division, which encompasses the Investment Banking division that I am a part of.

Now, does this mean that I've got long-term job security? Well, not really. Both companies will have to clean house as the acquisition is executed. But I'm optimistic that my head will stay off the block if you know what I mean...
In other good happenings -- Big Apple Dodgeball had it's first night of official game play! So my team, the Boy Butter Fisters (yes, that's our name...), kicks some pretty serious ass. Like, our first match went by so fast that I wasn't even sweaty. And I sweat A LOT. We're ranked in first place, with two other teams. Right now, the top three teams are all 5-1. Hopefully next Monday we'll pull away. Go Fisters!

This weekend should be interesting. Tonight is the NY Send-Off for my Katie. The forecast is predicting lots of Speights and a 99% chance of ocular precipitation.

Tomorrow is one of my best friend's bday extravaganza. It's a whole day event. Like, we're all meeting at 12:00 pm, and it is going to go for like 16 hours.... I'd better get some sleep tonight!

Sunday is Katie's official Send Off Party out at the beach. I can't believe this is happening. Get ready for some more tears!

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

No comments: