Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's Up?

Remember how like a week ago I was all "oh I'm going to be so much better about keeping people informed on what's going on..." Ya, I suck at that.

Kinda like how I suck at seeing my oldest and bestest friend EVER even though she now lives just one burrough over....
ASHLEY, I LOVE YOU! CALL MEEEEE!!!!!!

So last I updated ya'll I was getting ready to watch my friend Whit's dog -- Newman. That was a great experience for me because I learned a whole lot.

Like Dog Park people are not so much hot as they are uber-friendly.

I am far more patient than other people (well, this isn't actually a new thing -- I've known this for a while)

A lot of dogs are gay. Did you know that? I didn't know that. But I swear to you -- I saw more guy on guy action from the horny canines at Union Square than I did at Pieces, Marie's Crisis, and HK Lounge COMBINED on Saturday night. Who knew?

If I were ever to get a dog, I would totally be obsessed with it. It would become my world. I would feel guilty leaving it home. I would only do outdoor cafes so that it could come along. My screen saver on my phone would be a photo of the dog... Ya, I could totally see myself becoming that guy... And it's not really a good thing...

I had Newman for just the night. Passed him off to another friend of Whit's around one, and then it was off to see RENT for the last time.

BFF and I got tickets to the Saturday matinee. It was so great -- I'm really really happy that I went one more time. Cuz now it's closed... which really does feel so strange to me. RENT isn't playing in New York? WHAT?

As I mentioned before, that night involved a bit of bar hopping. There were stops and a few West Village spots, and then it was back uptown to hang at HK with some new dodgeball friends. Had so much fun! In fact, it was so much fun that four of us -- me, Scott, Steve, and Steve -- ended up rallying and kept up with the festivities until... what, 7:00 am? Oye.

So as you can imagine, Sunday I did NOTHING. Literally. I did not stray even one block from my bed. It wasn't even that I was that hungover, but my lord I was exhausted!

So that was the weekend in a nutshell. Oh! Another topic...

About one year ago I had an idea for a musical. And about 8 months ago I started writing it. Friday of last week, I FINALLY finished the first draft!

It's nowhere near ready yet, but I feel like it's a good start. It had it's first readings. No, I didn't host a reading... what I mean is that I gave the script to a few people to read and give me feedback. I've only gotten feedback from one person (clears throat at the rest of you all...) and it was really positive! He told me a lot of things I already knew i.e. my time periods need clarification and Act One is a little "heavy handed" but there was also some really great stuff... like a little romance here and a few jokes there.

So now I'm on to Draft 2. And I'm really excited about it! I think this draft will be much better than the first :)

Monday night was the season launch party for Dodgeball. SO MUCH FUN. I am on a really great team (with a not so great name -- Boy Butter Fisters??? Are you kidding me with this?!?) and am totes excited for actual play to begin on the 15th. Woot!

I'm getting my haircut tonight. That's exciting but mostly just for me. And for BFF, cuz he's been hearing me bitch about my hair for a few weeks now and was definitely over it :-)

Ok, so, that's really all I've got. I hope everyone had an awesome weekend! And continues to have a great week!

1 comment:

doug said...

Now I wouldn't say Edison is my whole world, but you can at least see why it's hard for me to bring myself to head to New York for a weekend and have to leave him behind. (But mostly because it's expensive and difficult. :))

But don't worry - IT WILL HAPPEN.