Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another Gay Sport Night

Is it sad that the most fun I've had in a while happened while playing a children's game???

You remember Dodgeball, right?

You throw balls at each other, attempt to dodge the ones headed your direction, and try to catch one or two if you can....

I mean, you have to remember being in second grade - walking in two single-file lines through the elementary school halls to the gymnasium where the teachers would give you balls and actually encourage you to knock the shizz out of each other... Yeah, that dodgeball.

So it turns out that, as an adult, it's a hella good time!

Last night, Big Apple Dodgeball had an open play for people interested in joining. So Beaux, Brian and I went to try our hand at the sport. I am pleased to report that we had an awesome time!
The guys in the league were all super-friendly and even the more competitive ones were still not out of control about it. It was obvious that everyone was really there just to have a great time. No muss. No fuss.

The only kinda downer part of the night -- Brian mis-caught a ball and sprained his finger. I was laughing really hard when it happened, but he seriously thought it was broken... I'm sure it's not broken. That would suck. I'd hate for him to look like this...

I get really giggly when things start to get competitive. I'm not the "yell and scream at your teammates" type. I'm the "I can't believe I'm letting people throw balls at me -- it's hiLARious!" type. And in dodgeball (unlike another gay sport league that I shall not name here as I most likely will be playing another season) it's totally ok to be like that!

Campy. Good. Fun.

Loves it.

Oh, and the best part about Gay Dodgeball???

Flip Cup!

No comments: