Friday, August 8, 2008

Another Season Passed...

Last night was the Finale of So You Think You Can Dance (Dance Dance Dance) Last week the Final Four were announced, and I was more than a little surprised -- I thought for sure that Chelsea Hightower was going to be up there! But America apparently thought differently. The Final Four ended up being Twitch, Katee, Courtney, and Joshua.


With Chelsea out of the competition, I had it all called out and was so sure that my girl, Katee Shean, was a shoe in as the winner of Season 4.

She rocked it out all over the place! Looking back at her performances, there isn't a single one that I didn't really like. In fact, two of my top five performances of the season featured her!


This gem from the brilliance that is Mia Michaels:


And in this unbelievable pas de deux:


Which B T Dubbs is the first time they've done anything like this on the show. She and Will ROCKED IT OUT. Well, they rocked it out in a very beautiful, peaceful, ballet-ish way. You know what I mean.


If you're wondering, just for the record, my other favorite routines were Chelsea and Mark "Bleeding Love", Chelsea and Mark's first contemporary in the white wedding dress, and Twitch and Kerrington's Mia Michael's routine with the bed to John Mayer.


So there we are, getting the results and I am so sure that Katee has it!


But... No.


America instead picked this.


Look, Joshua is talented, but the kid's annoying and I kinda just wanted to punch him in his braces all season long. He wasn't ever upfront about his training. He was always trying to present himself as a "street dancer" and yet I'm pretty sure there was a photo op of him at a ballet bar at, I don't know, age 6! Boo. Boo, I say.


How is it that with this show, America ALWAYS gets it wrong?


Remember when they picked freaking BENJI over TRAVIS???


Hell No.


I hope next season we can get it right.

No comments: