Monday, August 11, 2008

Since my Outlook doesn't want to work...

My Outlook at work this morning was freaking out, so I took a moment to see what was going on in the theater world. First stop - BroadwayWorld.com!

This weekend was the opening of the hugely talked about and much anticipated Concert Staging of "Les Miserables" at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. The cast is pretty much brilliant. It's like someone got to pick their fantasy cast and then some producer was like "Um, okay! Let's do that!"

Brian Stokes Mitchell as Javert?

John Lloyd Young as Marius?

LEA MICHELE as EPONINE?!?

I need a producer to say that to me.

There are some snippets of their rehearsals and what not on broadwayworld if you're interested. In this link, you get a little taste of the truly amazing Lea Michele's solo in "One Day More" -- gave me chills!

In other news…

Spent the weekend out on Long Island with some girlfriends for a little birthday celebration. Had an absolutely FANTASTIC time. I haven't laughed that much in a long while, so it was definitely needed.

I also got to get to know a lot of the girls much better, and I'm SO happy about that. You are all fabulous!

There are a bunch of photos from the weekend on my Facebook -- feel free to go check them out!

If you can't get to Facebook, here's a few to give you just a small sampling...

No comments: