Tuesday, August 12, 2008

ShowMo stuff...

I'm totally unmotivated today.

Shocking, I know.

So to curb my boredom, I thought I'd do some ShowMo gossiping.

This fall, the theme park that is Broadway will welcome it's next big cartoon-to-stage adaptation, "Shrek".

I do not like these very much. "Beauty and the Beast" was alright. "The Little Mermaid" was painful to sit through. So "Shrek" naturally makes me a little nervous.

Except that the cast of this show is unbelievable. Brian d'Arcy James, Sutton Foster, and John Tartaglia -- um, okay! Sign me up! There's been a lot of speculation to how literal the design of this show was going to be, and based on a promo photo on USA Today it looks pretty literal...

One week from today, August 19, another new musical begins previews on Broadway -- "A Tale of Two Cities". Don't really know all that much about it except that it's based on the classic Dicken's tale. And a friend of mine is a swing in the production. Which kinda makes me feel bad that I don't know more about it.

You can catch a video of one of their vocal rehearsals here.

"Spring Awakening" is getting a new male lead -- Hunter Parrish from the Showtime series, "WEEDS"

I'm always a little leary of these TV folk that step in to headline shows. Especially a show like "Spring Awakening" where you really just can't call in your performance. It's an emotionally demanding show!

I think Hunter will be great though... Check out this video of him during a vocal rehearsal with the cast!

Alright, onward and upward.

Is it Friday yet?

3 comments:

. said...

You can find a lot more video and news on A Tale of Two Cities here. http://jjgunn.iweb.bsu.edu/totc/rnews.html

I am going to try to transfer most of that news to this blog, but it'll take some time. I'd appreciate feedback. I'm not much of a blogger, but I hope to learn quickly.

Have a great day! :-)

Tale of Two Cities Musical said...

There is another musical of "A Tale of Two Cities" making its way to Broaadway. This one has a very small budget unlike the $18,000,000 spent on the version you refer to. It is is quite full of singable songs, and there is much drama in keeping with the original Dickens. You might want to check it out at http://www.taleoftwocitiesmusical.com/

Heidi said...

I love Jason Mraz too. But I think hes full on homo! So lucky for you! Sad for me. :(