Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My (Hot) December

Before I talk about Kelly, I have to talk about her opening act - Jon McLaughlin.

So B. and I are sitting there waiting for the concert to start, and not expecting an opening act. And then this guy walks out onto the stage out we both had to clutch our pearls and gasp! As did the girls in front of us, who apparently had seen him before because they knew his songs.

Anyway, take a minute to check him out. He's beautiful and TALENTED. The boy seriously rocked out on the keyboard. His hands were flying! His voice is a little like Adam Levine live. On his recordings it's a little different, but I can't put my finger on who he reminds me of. The style is like Coldplay meets John Mayer meets…someone really hot who can rock out on a piano!

He did like 5 songs from his album "Indiana" if you go HERE you can listen to a couple of the tracks…

OK! Moving on…

Kelly Clarkson was absolutely everything that I wanted her to be. The girl sounds just like she does on her albums, even if she does shy away from doing some of her big belty notes live…
The highlight for me of the whole concert was the slowed down version of "Because of You". It was just her and her musical director on the piano. That song is already gorgeous, but they were still able to do to it what she had done to "Beautiful Disaster" for the Breakaway release. At the climax of the song, the audience went nuts. I'm not normally a big screamer (at concerts) but I couldn't help it. She totally started laughing and was like "you guys! I'm not even done yet!" because the audience wouldn't stop hollerin'! lol So Cute!

It was an amazing time. By the end of the night I was sure I was going to have absolutely no voice between the screaming and jumping around and singing at the top of my lungs. I'm surprisingly ok this morning though. Which is good - No time to be exhausted with my schedule!

XOXO
S.

No comments: