Monday, October 29, 2007

Too Bad I Left My Time Machine in My Other Pants...

About a month ago, I received an email from Corporate Programs letting us know that they were going to be doing flu shots at the end of the month. Well, by the time I logged on and tried to sign up, all of the spots had been filled. So I got myself on the waiting list, and that was that.

Until this morning I didn't even think of it again. I get an email saying that there is a spot that has become available, and to click the given link to sign up. So I think "Hey! This is great!" but by the time my web browser pulls the link up, the slot is already gone.

Bummer.

Then about 30 minutes ago I get a second email. It says pretty much the same thing. "A spot has become available. Please click here to receive a flu shot!"

Again, I think "Hey! Great!"

I click the link, a little more hesitant because of what had happened this morning...

The spot is available and they're giving it to me! WOO HOO!

I know it may sound stupid to get excited about a flu shot, but ya'll - I get crazy sick at the change of every season. So this is a necessity in my world.

Anyway, I get my info all plugged in and take the spot. So a little box tells me it is sending my appointment confirmation via email.

A few moments later...

"Please proceed to the 19th Floor. Flu shots will be given in Room F. Your appointment is at 10:45 a.m., please try to arrive a few minutes prior. Thanks"

Wait... what the eph?

Did ya'll catch that? The appointment that I had been all excited to nab was for SIX HOURS BEFORE I GOT THE EMAIL! How the hell am I supposed to make an appointment that happened before lunch? And why would they waste me time emailing me a timeslot that was past?

Seriously, most of the time I like my job. And other times, like right now, I can't help but be amazed by the unintelligent levels at which some things around here are run...

No comments: