Friday, October 26, 2007

You're a bitch - I'm a Seven!

Ya'll know I love me some Ugly Betty. Mucho.

So last night there was a whole swirl of drama: Claire almost assassinating Wilhelmina, Alexis getting her memory back, Daniel pouting (which is kind of getting old…), Hilda and Justin coping with the loss of Santos, and Henry pining for Betty even though he's about to have a child with another woman. In the midst of all the drama, the writers still manage to eek in some seriously witty comedy!

Marc gets to oversee an underwear shoot (where he meets Cliff) and Amanda joins him as he's getting up the nerve to ask out the (ridiculously hot) underwear model. And the exchange goes like this:

MARC: What is it girl? Someone fell down the well?
MANDY: Betty… Internet Dating… Must mock!
MARC: Gasp! No, bookmark it. I've got to stick around here. I'm trying to get up the nerve to ask hot pants over there…
MANDY: Oh, you're asking him out? Maybe I'll stay here and mock you.
MARC: What?! You think he's out of my league? He's an nine. I'm an eight.
MANDY: He's a ten. You're a six.
MARC: You're a bitch. I'm a seven!

Ok, I'm reading this and realizing that the comedy was in how the two actors delivered the lines. By themselves - only sort of funny. On the air? Laugh out loud hilarious. Youtube it - I'm sure it's there somewhere...

So last night we got introduced to a new character: Cliff St. Paul (played by David Blue).


He's a scroungy photographer turned love interest for Michael Urie's wickedly funny Marc St. James. He's the opposite of what you'd think Marc would date, and I love it. He's this soft funny cuddly sweet guy. Kinda scroungy but not in a dirty way. He reminds me of someone…. Hmmm, who could that be?

But I digress…

Anyway, the show last night was funny, and I wanted to share.

So there you go - from Me to You.

Oh, and Happy Friday! And have a safe weekend!

1 comment:

W said...

It's nice that apart from the central chaacters other's are developing lives of thier own, on Ugly Betty.

I love Marc's new date.

Hello, I am Erik from Whittle et al.